This blog award is granted to up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers who deserve some recognition and support to keep on blogging. What is a Liebster? Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Now I'm even more touched.
Here are the rules:
1. Answer the questions sent to you by your nominator.
2. Pick 11 blogs to nominate.
3. Write 11 questions for them to answer.
Here are my answers to Catherine's questions:
- Do you believe in Heaven?Why or why not? Yes, I do believe in Heaven, although I feel frustrated a lot of the time that I don't know more about what it's like for Samuel there. I believe it's a beautiful place with love and peace and light. I believe we will all be together again someday and all the pain of this world will be done forever.
- What is your favorite book? This one is hard to answer. I have read a lot. I have tons of books and many favorites. Little Woman is one I read every Christmas. My favorite genera is psychological thrillers. I love solving puzzles in story form. The first novel I read was called "Nathan's Run", by John Gilstrap. To this day, it comes to mind most when I'm asked this question. I love the idea that you can change your circumstances even when things look most grim. You just need someone to listen.
- Have you every been on T.V.? Not that I know of...
- Do you have any tattoos? If so, describe them. I have a rose on my back. I like that no one can see it unless I want them too. (Read, my husband).
- What are you most proud of? By far, I'm most proud of Samuel. I'm proud that we carried him, I'm proud that we did all we could, and I'm so very proud of him for working so hard to stay with us for as long as he did. He was a little fighter! <3
- Do you remember what you dreamed about last night? I have crazy dreams!!! I dreamed I met a pregnant woman in a dressing room and she told me the babies were going to die after they were born. I told her about Samuel and we became friends. At one point, we were at a car wash and I was trying to find something to write on in my purse for what seemed like an eternity.
- Would you rather cook or do the dishes? I use to really enjoy cooking. I loved using lots of fresh and healthy ingredients to create something super enticing and enjoyable. Now, the joy has gone from it and it's more of a chore. But I'd still prefer it over dishes!
- Have you ever been on a blind date? If so, how was it? Oh sakes, yes. Y I K E S. Can I leave it at that? Let's just say he brought a photo album of his cats in "funny" poses to impress me. I left after 15 minutes.
- Have you ever met a famous person? If so, Who? If now, who would you like to meet? Not that I can remember...I'm not really into pop culture, so no one is coming to mind...Oh, ok, Michelle Duggar. I love how she parents and approaches life. Also, she lost two babies, so she knows.
- What is the best gift you have received related to the loss of your baby? Impossible to say just one. There have been some amazing gifts! Any gift is special to me because it's shows me the person is thinking of Samuel. (Plus, I LOVE gifts/mail). I love when something just shows up in the mail and it's for/about Samuel. That always makes my day!
- If they made a movie about you and your life, what would the title be? I'm not certain, but it would definitely include the word "Love". <3
Whew! That took a lot of thinking. I don't think I've engaged my brain like that for a while.
The only problem I'm encountering is that most of the blog I read have hundreds of followers. So I'm going to list as many as I know. (If you have a blog you'd like me to consider adding, please send me a note and I'll take a look.)
Here are my nominations (in no particular order):
1. Ashley at Pregnant with my angel: Emery's Story.
2. "Mrs. X" :) at Life: Not what it should be.
3. Becky at For the Love of baby Liam.
4. Erin at Mourning into Dancing.
5. Kelly at Levi and Kelly
6. Beth at Beth Morey: Beauty from Ashes.
7. Lisa at Dear Finley.
8. Gale at Fittsie's Angels.
9. Annie at Carpenter Rebuilt.
I'll try to find more to add soon!
Here are my questions:
1. What do you love the most about your baby/ies?
2. What character from a book would you like to meet (even fictional ones)? Why?
3. If someone could bring you a meal right now, what would it be?
4. What is the best thing someone has said to you after your loss?
5. What reminds you of your baby the most?
6. What's your favorite song/book/movie?
7. Who do you admire most?
8. What's one thing you wish people knew about you?
9. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go and what would you do?
10. What's the best date night you and your spouse/partner ever had?
11. If you could redo your wedding day, what would you change/what would you keep?
I can't wait to hear the answers!