Tuesday, January 31, 2012

1lb, 3oz. I guess it's the cheeseburgers :)

What a great day! We met our new team in Mankato and it was good. When we arrived and sat down with the nurse, I noticed the ring she was wearing was covered in words about God. I thought, "She is a believer!" As we got to talking, she asked us how she might know us (she thought we looked familiar.) We came to realize that she lives right down the street from us and attends the church we went to when we first moved to Mankato. How cool? Since we are new patients, she asked us to describe what was going on with Samuel. We told the story and I told her that we are not accepting the expected outcome. We believe God is bigger than the diagnosis and are praying for a complete healing miracle. She said she would pray for him and believe with us. (You don't believe God is looking out for us? He clearly is!!) We then met the doctor and he was very nice. He ordered a glucose test for me and I drank the orange drink (I don't know why people complain so much...it was fine). Then, we got to see our little Samuel. Just as active as ever, moving around and his little heart just beating away! (165 bpm) Then he took some measurements and told us he was 1lb and 3oz. Not too shabby for a baby they said would die 2 months ago!!!

So, at this point, God + Samuel = 1, science + doctors = 0. I love it!

After the ultrasound, Bryan had to go back to work (he only had to take off an hour instead of a half day) and I went to sit and wait for my glucose blood draw.Our nurse, Mary Grace, told me to come back to the office after they were done.  After it was finished,  I went back to meet with her and she prayed over me and Samuel. God is so awesome! I have complete peace about my baby. God is in control. It's been a day of great reminders of just how much He loves us and how much people care about our precious little guy.

After I got home, another favorite friend of mine came by to drop off a beautiful blanket someone at church had made for Samuel. Wow, we are SO cared for! Thank you Jesus!



Here is a song I remembered while I was driving home:

I will love You, Lord always
Not just for the things You've done for me
And I will praise You all my days
Not just for the change You've made in me
I'll praise you for You are holy, Lord
And I'll lift my hands, but You are worthy of so much more

For You are awesome, God of the Nations,
Lion of Judah, Rock of the Ages, Alpha, Omega
You're worthy of all praise
More that these hands I'll raise
I'll live a life of praise

I will serve You Lord, always for You are my strength
When I am weak
I will never be afraid for You are my rock and You protect me
But I'll praise You for You are holy, Lord
And I'll lift my hands, but You are worthy of so much more

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only comments of love and encouragement are welcome. All others will be ignored.