Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Remembering Samuel Evan

First some things I've been doing, then on to an important idea (see below*). 
I've been finding myself constantly looking for ways to incorporate Samuel into our lives. I like having things around me that remind me of him (not that I wouldn't be thinking of him anyway...) I have something in almost every room that speaks of his life. He was and always will be a big part of our lives. He is our son and we love him. 

I found a beautiful Swarovski crystal heart to hang from my mirror in the car. I love it! It's clear when you first look at it (it reminds me of his birthstone - diamond), but when the light hits it, it turns this beautiful blue (perfect for my beautiful baby boy). I love that I have a constant reminder of him while I head out to face a world I no longer fit into. It sends light all around the car. It's perfect!

(I wish the picture captured just how beautiful it is...)

I also found some super cute bunny buttons. I'm not sure yet how I'm going to use them, but for heaven's sake...they are so cute! (I put one on the cork board in the office next to some of his photos. So cute for my little bunny<3).


_______________________________________________
Now, for my idea:
*On the Project Heal blog, she talks about the August 19th Day of Hope. She says, "August 19th is a day to break down the walls of society that keep pregnancy, infant and child loss a hush hush subject. People view the death of a baby as just a sad thing that happened. These babies that die are not sad things that happen. They are people, much loved and wanted children. They are brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, grandsons and granddaughters. August 19th is about openly speaking about these children and celebrating their short lives.”

I have been thinking, how can we celebrate Samuel's life on this Day of Hope? There are so many ways... here is my best idea (so far):

Remembering Samuel Evan
Will you join me in celebrating the life of our son? If Samuel's life has touched yours in some way, will you share? Please email me at RememberingSamuelEvan@gmail.com and tell me how Samuel's life/story has impacted you. Even if it's just a few words, I'd love to hear! (I plan to print them out and keep them in a special book just for him). Then, on August 19th, I'll share some of them on this site for others to read. (If you'd prefer, you may also simply leave a comment on this post.)

Please also share your baby's story. 

Together, let's remember those we love and miss on August 19th. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only comments of love and encouragement are welcome. All others will be ignored.