Thursday, March 14, 2013

I'm - officially - Still Standing

For those who don't know, Still Standing Magazine is an online magazine written for families dealing with infertility and babyloss. I've been reading their articles since Samuel died and have found great comfort  and validation from reading the stories of others who have walked this terrible path before us. I realized I'm not alone in my feelings and thoughts.

For a while, I've had this crazy idea that maybe someday I could write for them. I had this idea of sharing my story and heart with others like me, and I hoped someday I could make it happen.

When I read a few weeks ago they had opened up submissions for guest posts, I immediatly began forming the words in my head. I sat down and let them flow from my heart.

I had no idea what would happen when I hit send, but I felt like I had at least taken the first step.

A few days later I got my answer.

Yes, my words would be published! Better still, it would go live on his 11-month birthday! I was overwhelmed with gratitude and anticipation. I feel absolutely honored to be a part of something so influential in breaking the silence of these extremely heartbreaking, yet commonly experienced, topics.

How special that I can share a little bit of our story - and, most importantly, our little Samuel <3 - with this community.

My mama's heart is filled with pride that so many will read about and see our little love.

It's empowering to know my words will be heard.

So, without further ado, here is my guest post, The Memory Keeper.

My endless thanks to Franchesca Cox and the entire team at the magazine for allowing me to share my heart <3.

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I'm so proud of you! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. I am so sorry for your loss Much love.

    ReplyDelete

Only comments of love and encouragement are welcome. All others will be ignored.